The Blynk (legacy) app allows you to remotely access your OpenGarage device. This article is only relevant if you have Blynk (legacy) app (i.e. NOT the new Blynk IoT app) already installed. If you don't have the Blynk (legacy) app, the app is no longer available in the app store. Please follow this support article to create an OpenThings Blynk token and use the OpenGarage mobile app instead.
- This article assume you already have the Blynk (legacy) app installed (NOT the Blynk IoT aka New App).
- If you have an existing account with blynk.cc, you are all set, just follow the standard OpenGarage instructions.
- If you don't have an existing account with blynk.cc but use an Android phone, the Blynk (legacy) app allows you to log in using a Facebook account. If you log in this way, you are all set, just follow the standard OpenGarage instructions.
- If you don't have an existing account with Blynk and use an iPhone, or if you don't want to log in using Facebook, etc. please follow the instructions below.
- First, send a support ticket at support.openthings.io with your OpenGarage order number and an email you'd like to use to register a Blynk account.
- You will receive a response with a Blynk login password.
- Open Blynk (legacy) app on your phone, click 'Log In', then click the traffic-light like icon at the bottom, and select 'Custom' server, and type in blynk.openthings.io, leave the port 9443 as is. This sets your Blynk app to use our custom Blynk server. Then click OK. See screenshots below.
- Now you can use the email and login password you received to log into the app, and follow OpenGarage instructions to scan the QR code and create project.
- If you need to change your password: you can use the 'Forgot password?' function. If you use an Android phone you will receive a QR code which you can scan in the Blynk app to reset password; on iOS you will receive a reset link.
Update OpenGarage Device Settings
- You will also need to change settings on your OpenGarage device to use the custom Blynk server. To do so, open a browser and type in the IP address of your device, this should show the web UI.
- Go to 'Options' and click the 'Integration' tab, here you can copy/paste your Blynk token, then change
Blynk domain to: blynk.openthings.io
Blynk port to: 8080
- Submit the changes and finally reboot your OpenGarage. Now you are all set.