This article is relevant if you want to remotely access your OpenGarage device. If you do not need to remotely access your OpenGarage, you do NOT need to create a Blynk token for it.
As of July 1, 2022, the Blynk (legacy) app is no longer available in the App store. If you already have the Blynk (legacy) app installed on your mobile phone, you can still use it to remotely access your OpenGarage (this article describes how to use existing Blynk (legacy) app with OpenGarage). If you can no longer install the Blynk (legacy) app, you will need to use the OpenGarage mobile app. This article describes how to create a Blynk token from your openthing.io account, and how to use it with the OpenGarage mobile app.
Create a Blynk Token
- Go to www.openthings.io and log in using your opensprinkler.com login email/username and password. If you do not yet have an account, please go to www.opensprinkler.com and click on 'My Account' at the top, then register for a new user account. The two websites share the same log in.
- Once you log in to openthings.io, you will see the dashboard. On the left side of the dashboard, click
My OpenThings Blynk Devices
See the image below for illustration.
Do NOT click on My OpenThings Devices (which is underneath My OpenThings Blynk Devices) as that's for creating OTC token, not Blynk token.
- Next, type in a Device Name (this can be your home address, or any name that can help you identify which OpenGarage device this is), and click on Add New Device. See the image below for illustration.
This will create a new OpenGarage device, and you will see the Blynk token as illustrated below. The token is 32-characters long. You will need to copy and paste this token to your OpenGarage settings, and also use this token when adding the device to your OpenGarage mobile app.
Update OpenGarage Device Settings
- You will need to change settings on your OpenGarage device to use the OpenThings Blynk server. To do so, open a browser and type in the IP address of your device, this should show the web UI.
- Go to 'Options' and click the 'Integration' tab, here you can copy/paste your Blynk token, then change
Blynk domain to: blynk.openthings.io
Blynk port to: 8080
- Submit the changes and finally reboot your OpenGarage. Now you are all set.